Search is based on keyword.
Do not search with natural language
Ex: "How do I write a new procedure?"
Creating a Dynamic Table
This video walks you through creating a dynamic table.
In the video:
• A dynamic table references a .dci item and the parts inside it. It also references an .svg item created in Adobe Illustrator.
• To create a dynamic table:
|1.||In the right dock, click the Dynamic Table icon and draw a table on the workspace.|
|2.||In the right dock, click the Dynamic toggle.|
|3.||Click and hold the Drag to pick button and drag to the required item.|
At the top-right corner of the table, click and hold the Dynamic Table icon and drag to the required item.
• To change the preferences of the text in the Dynamic table:
|1.||In the right dock, click the Text tab (Aa button).|
|2.||Edit the Font, Min and Max Sizes, Spacing, Wrap, LineLimit, and Ellipsis.|
|3.||In the right dock, click the Dynamic Table tab.|
You can change the Layout to a flipped table or a grid.
|4.||Select the columns you want to display in the Dynamic table.|
|5.||Resize and rotate the Dynamic table using its bounding box handles.|
• To add metadata to the .dci item:
|1.||In the Dynamic table, click on a part. The Metadata icon appears in the right dock menu.|
|2.||Click the Metadata tab.|
|3.||Enter some information in the header; the first input field.|
|4.||Enter some information in the second input field. The information is added to the Dynamic table.|
|5.||Press Enter to save the information to the .dci item and the Dynamic table.|
Working with Dynamic Tables
This video shows you how to change the dynamic tables' display.
In the video:
• To apply color to items using the table, in the Palettes tab, drag a color directly on the dynamic table. The item part's color is updated instantly in the table and on the item.
• To change the table's border color:
|1.||In the right dock, in the Dynamic table, change the border color.|
|2.||In the Item Tree, the border color is represented by a little colored dot.|
|3.||In the Palettes tab, you can also drag a color directly on the colored dot in the Item Tree.|
• To change the table's background color:
|1.||In the right dock, in the Dynamic table, change the background color.|
In the Item Tree, the background color is represented by a little colored dot.
|2.||In the Palettes tab, you can also drag a color directly on the colored dot in the Item Tree.|
Note: Changing the background color improves the visibility when there are items behind the table.
This video describes the use of the Dynamic icon.
In the video:
• At the top-right corner of the Dynamic item's bounding box, click the Dynamic icon and drag it to the item you want to reference.