2. Bringing in Models
Matt Barker of Intraware explains how to import models in Katana, and how to apply a default material.
In the Video:
• Matt is using the look dev template scene and bringing in a model.
• The template scene is available from the Foundry forum: http://community.foundry.com/discuss/topic/140988/3delight-lookdev-scene-template
• Matt has added a default material for any imported models.
• The model is imported using an Alembic_In node.
• The model is added to a folder in the scene graph.
• Matt imports a second model using a copy of the Alembic_In node.
• Two Transform3D nodes are used to transform the models.
• Shift+click on the edit buttons of multiple nodes to edit multiple sets of parameters.
• Parameters can be linked to cascade any updates.
• The Hydra Viewer transform control allows you to move the model using makeInteractive on the Transform3D node.
• The color chart can be moved using the transform controls.
• You can check the UVs in the UV Viewer.
• You can set up a custom UI to suit your workflow.