3. Creating Materials
Matt Barker of Intraware explains how to apply materials in Katana.
In the video:
• Matt prefers to add quick materials, set up material assignments, and then import the textures and apply the maps.
• Create a DlShadingNode node to give access to a range of look dev nodes in 3Delight.
• Add a NetworkMaterial node to interpret the 3Delight settings for Katana.
• Choose the nodeType within the DlShadingNode to determine the action of the node. In this case Matt uses a dl3DelightMaterial.
• The NetworkMaterial is connected to the Merge node to feed it into the scene graph.
• The dl3DelightMaterial parameters can be edited to customise the shader.
• A second material is added for accessories.
• A third material is added with a dlMetal shader.
• You can select points in the node graph to limit the view to items above (and including) that point.