5. Bringing in Textures
Matt Barker of Intraware shows you how to import Mari texture data.
In the video:
• Matt has a set of textures exported from Mari.
• First thing to do is clean up the materials to make more space to work in the Node Graph.
• Use a Group node to hide details, which reveal when zoomed.
• Add a new DlShadingNode of type file to bring in a texture (in this case a UDIM).
• Connect the color output channel of the DlShadingNode to the material input.
• You can create multiple DlShadingNodes to import your textures.
• Matt wires the nodes to display a bump map, roughness, and displacement maps.
• You can use a DlShadingNode of type dlColorCorrection to correct color.
• Matt sets up additional look dev for the accessories and other features of the model.
• dlMetal settings include tempered metal, oxide thickness, and oxide index of refraction.
• Matt uses CEL to assign materials to parts of the scene graph by name.