6. Writing to a Look File
Matt Barker of Intraware shows you how to use a look file to save and share your work.
In the video:
• Matt talks about how studios can have distinct roles for look dev or material creation, and how look files help with collaboration.
• Look files can be used later in the pipeline to apply a complete look to an asset.
• The are several nodes for managing look files (all prefixed with LookFile). Here Matt uses LookFileBake to create a look file.
• The look file is created by storing the difference between the original state of an asset and the state following changes. In this case the changes are material assignments.
• The look file can than apply the changes without exposing the details, and it can be updated by the lighting artist without affecting the work further down the pipeline.