The Playblast tool allows you to get a quick preview of your animation, providing you with a realistic idea of your final render result without requiring the time needed for a formal render. Use this tool to quickly check for character and prop positioning and lighting placement. Curved surfaces are rendered as surfaces with a low face count (faceted).
Use this tool to:
• Open a dedicated viewport
• Use the scene frame size as the base resolution
• Set the Resolution Multiplier value to set different viewport sizes for output
• Set video Video Format, Codec, and Quality values
• Select any camera defined in the scene
The Playblast tool is available from the 3D Viewport contextual menu. Right-click in the 3D Viewport to view the contextual menu and select Record Playblast.
To create a Playblast, enter the desired Playblast Settings and click Generate Playblast. A new viewport displays, using the scene's render size, resolution, and other specified settings.
The following Playback Video File settings are available:
Selects the type of output. The following options are available:
• Video Format - Stores digital video data on your computer system.
• Image Sequence - Stores a collection of .tga images related by time, such as frames in a movie. For more information about Image Sequence properties, see Image Sequence.
Note: Video Format, Codec, and Quality options are not available when Image Sequence is selected.
Selects the video format. The following options are available:
• Flash Video
Selects the encoding and decoding digital data stream method. The following options are available:
• Microsoft MPEG-4
• Microsoft video 1
• Sorensen Video
Note: Available options vary depending on the Video Format option selected.
|Quality||Sets the quality value for your output. The default value is 5.|
|Camera||Sets the camera in your scene that you would like to use in the output.|
Sets the resolution multiplier value for your output. The following options are available:
|Copy Source Settings||When enabled, copies the settings from the 3D Viewport. The remaining settings in the Playblast Settings dialog override those copied from the source. This setting is enabled by default.|
When Copy Source Settings is disabled, the Shading Style sets to Shaded by default. The following options are available:
• Vertex Map
• Shaded Texture
• Gooch Tone
• Cell Shading
For more information, see 3D Viewport Styles.
|RayGL||Enables the 3D viewport rendering Ray-GL, giving you a fast, fully rendered representation of the scene. Choose from the Fast or Full options to maximize workflow efficiency.|
Allows you to set the background to Environment. The following options are available:
• Environment - Displays the settings as determined by the Environment item of the Shader Tree, simulating the rendered output.
• None - Displays the default 3D Viewport background. This option is set to None by default.
|Replicators||Enables the replicators in your scene at render time. Replicators control how duplicates of the item are copied onto the target point source. For more information, see Replicators.|
|When enabled, displays lights in the 3D viewport.|
|Show Grid||When enabled, displays the grid in the 3D viewport. For more information, see Grid and Workplane Settings.|
|Browse||Allows you to specify where to save your Playblast file to.|
|Generate Playblast||Generates your Playblast output. A new viewport automatically displays the output.|