StartRender(renderMethodName, node=None, port=None, nodeList=None, portList=None, serialDiskRenderNodeList=None, views=None, settings=None, **kwargs)¶
Sets up and renders the scene from the passed nodes.
'renderStarted'event to Katana’s event queue, providing the following keyword arguments:
- node: The node from which the render was started.
- renderer: The name of the renderer that is used for rendering, as obtained from the renderSettings.renderer attribute at /root.
- renderMethodType: The type of render that was started, e.g.
- renderMethodName: The name of the render method that was chosen, e.g.
- renderMethodName (
str) – The name of the render method to use.
- node (
None) – The node to render from.
- port (
None) – The Port to render from.
- nodeList (
None) – A list of nodes or node names to render from.
- portList (
None) – A list of port indices or names to render from that correspond to the matching nodes from
- serialDiskRenderNodeList (
None) – A list of nodes that should be disk rendered as dependencies of render nodes.
- views (
listof views or
None) – A list of views.
- settings (
None) – The
RenderingSettingsinstance to use.
A list of dictionaries describing the outputs that were created.
RenderingException – If an attempt is made to render a batch of mixed 2D and 3D nodes, or if an attempt is made to perform a Disk Render of a 3D node.